If you have been following me for a while, you probably have already realized I am a bit odd. Well - not in the traditional odd sense, like creepy weird odd. Nor am I odd like the Halloween Nicole you see to the left here.
But the truth is.. I might describe myself as eccentric. But in disguise!
I had a very honest conversation with my hair stylist the other day. She made a joke about cutting my hair into a mohawk. I jabbed back, "Yeah.. well.. You would be surprised at how I would look if I could get away with it."
It's completely true. I would do things a little differently. I would more than likely have a nose ring. I am soooo serious. A little stud or hoop, doesn't matter. I actually like them. I would probably have a few more tattoos. (Did you know I have one?? I do!) I would probably be more bold with colored streaks in my hair and funky styles.
But alas.. I do not look that way. I actually look quite normal. Not in a stuffy sort of way - I always try to mix it up, but I actually HAVE to dress and look a bit more main stream due to the nature of my work - I am in Public/Media Relations. I can't see me sitting across from a CEO and GM of a TV station with bright purple streaks in my hair and a noise ring and tattoo on my inner wrist. LOL But it is fun to imagine!
Today I am making of list of my little idiosyncrasies.
As always.. indulge me..
Nicole's little musts!
1. I like to write in purple or green ink.
2. I do not like anyone "dressing" my coffee for me. It freaks me out. I will add my own sugar and cream.
3. I do not like my food to touch the other food on my plate.
4. I brush my teeth after I eat anything. Literally. If I can't brush my teeth - I will rinse my mouth out or rush for the little "Wisps" that are now being sold.
5. I like balsamic vinegar in my boxed mac& cheese.
6. I flip numbers. Always.
7. I get vertigo if I am driving over a bridge.
8. I have a fear of fainting.
9. I am afraid of the dark. lol
10. I have to sleep with a fan blowing on me.
11. I flip the pillow over to get to the cold side.
12. When I have a sharpie, I like to write on things.
13. I love coloring books and crayons. Though, I have not colored in years.
14. I can't bake cookies.
15. I HATE feet.
16. I could play one board game every night!
17. I have to have a book with me at all times.
18. When driving - I hold my phone in my hand, even when I am not talking. LOL
19. I apply Burt's Bees chapstick several times a day.
20. I will never ever go to sleep with my makeup on. I think it is disgusting to do so.
21. I often loose my sunglasses, keys, and pocketbook. They are always where I left them last - which is never where they should be.
22. If I am using White Out - I feel the need to paint my little pinky with it. LOL (I usually do!)
23. Gets really angry when people tell me I talk too fast. I do not talk too fast - you just think too slow.
24. Gets completely grossed out by some of the people on her FB account. Many have not evolved past their 80's redneck days.. and it makes me sad. ;-)
25. And clearly - I am brash, opinionated, and talk too much. See 24 for clarification on my opinions.
Yep.. c'est moi.
What about you? Tell me 5 things about you that people may not know!!