Can you believe we have four more months until the year ends?? Say it isn't so!
Yes, the time has flown waaaay faster than I can handle. There are still so many things I wanted to accomplish in 2010 - I wonder if there is still enough time?
I went digging through my posts and yes, I found the "New Year's Resolution" piece back in Dec/Jan. I think it is time I revisit and see if I can check off anything on that list. (I have a feeling.. it's not going to be good!!) However (and here is the kicker) I wrote my resolutions in September. Why? Well... September basically kicks my a$$ and I wanted to concentrate on something.
With September fast approaching, let's take a look at my September Resolutions:
For the full version of the story click HERE. Now - let's take a look at Sept. 09's hopes & dreams:
1. Exercise - again. Some how I fell off the wagon (literally, I have a chronically sprained ankle.) But I have got to move. Must Must Must. Not so much to lose weight, even though I need to, just to feel the energy and make my heart a little healthier.
Okay - I can generally say I have tried to get back on the wagon. From a personal trainer to ballroom dancing to joining the Y - I have attempted this. Not at 100% but it is JUST September.
2. Daily Devotion. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I buy books to force me to spend a little time in "the word" (as people call it.) I need to schedule time to actually do this. I never forget to eat to feed my body. I need to read -to feed my soul.
Opps. Not even close - I got even further away from this one. Okay, okay.. this is an easy fix. No day to start like today!
3. Volunteer someplace new. I always add a little activity each year. Last year I became a youth leader at church. The year before I became a dog walker at the Humane Society. This year I would like to serve the under privileged. Need to do a little research on a group that does not get as much attention (as say - a Jimmy Hale mission.)
Hmmm.. did not come close. Almost forgot about that. However, one of the things the youth director/minister at my church asked me to take care of was to call around and find a homeless shelter/soup kitchen the kids could volunteer at. DONE!
4. I want to do something about this immigration BS. I am quite the little advocate - I think I need to hook up with my friends who try to make things happen. I am going to jump on that band wagon and try to push for a change.
I actually stepped away from this one. On purpose. Most of the immigration piece people are pushing for now is amnesty for illegals. I don't necessarily support illegals gaining citizenship - as I am for making it a bit easier and less expensive for foreigners to gain temporary work visas and make it easier for fiance/alien to marry.
5. Clearing up some past debt. Yep. Piece by piece. Starting with the IRS. Oh yes - I have an ex-husband who left some things for me to clean up. Let's pretend this is tennis. I filled out some forms to protect myself - the ball is in his court now.
6. Work. Either re wake the spirit that brought me here - or make some changes. Something has got to give.
7. I WILL learn to sew. I put this on my list each year. I have got to learn to do it. I have sooo many ideas - yet, I can't even sew a button. Someone out there will help me. I guess I need a machine first.
Making plans now!
8. I want to do a mission trip. Where do I look?
Put on hold. Interests changed. Going to Bangkok, Thailand instead.
9. I will head back to dance class. Flamenco - here I come. I promise- Sept.
Changed the format of dance... but I did go back!
10. I want to take some photography classes. I found a program online - 16-months. I am seriously considering pursuing this. This is for the future.
I really need to do this. Just got to figure out the finances first.
11. Change this cynical little attitude of mine. I realize I will always be cynical - but I can add a little encouragement also. I am capable. I just choose the wrong avenue to take.
It comes.. it goes...
12. Get those little things fixed: head back to the dentist, go to the gyno, get that mammo I avoided last year - work on the other little body parts I keep putting off.
I am back at the dentist, did go to the gyno (all good) - got that mammo - ooooh my ... that was a scare, remember??? Done!
13. Re-planting my herb garden. I need to brush up on container planting. (Since I do not have a yard.)
Just planted aloe in containers. Slowly.. but surely. I want to see if I can keep these succulents alive. If I kill these.. then I am doomed for sure.14. Find a yoga or meditation class.
I found the yoga - now.. meditation.. yes.. let's see if I can find that!
15.The Egyptian has seen many pics with my hair long - and has asked for me to grow it out. I can do that.. let's see what will happen in one year!!
16. Head back to the theater. Some way.. some how.. head back where I belong.
Hmmm.. not sure if I still want this one.
17. Paint this apt. If I plan on staying here.. (which remains to be seen) - let's make it home.
Hmmm.. well.. I have not revealed something, sooo.. here it goes. The egyptian wants to move to a much larger city (north, north, north) where there is public transportation. He gives us to February..... the ultimatum - if we can't figure it out by Feb - we're moving out of country. My HOPE is to talk him out of it. But you KNOW he HATES Alabama. Imagine why?? ;-)
18. I need a 5-year plan. I make strategic plans for work all the time - what about my plan??
See above.. working on it.. Priority One!
19. I want to plan a BIG family trip. Surprise them all.
Maybe for Thanksgiving???
20. Clean out my storage. Time to simply.. and Go Green. Can I do it??
OOh.. I think I put this one off each weekend! I have a few vacation days coming up - I will do it then!
What about you??? What did you hope and plan to do in 2010? You onlyhave 4 months!!