As I was watching a L'oreal skincare commercial, I got to thinking about my skin, my health, my peace of mind. The commercial was about how as a teenager we did not take very good care of our skin and body and now are paying the price. They claim to have a product that will work as a "do over."
First of all, I don't believe in do-overs. I believe in starting over. But unfortunately, you are stuck with the baggage you own. However - your start over is a more educated one.
However, let's pretend I could get a "do-over." What would I do differently?
1. I would have used sunscreen every day while at the pool in the summer.
2. I would have started with a skincare regime around the age of 12. (I simply used a bar of soap back then - never had a break out in my teen years!)
3. I would have learned more about exfoliating and moisturizing in my early 20s.
4. I would not have lay out for hours in my senior year of high school.
5. I would have only drank water in college!
6. I would not have started drinking in college.
7. I would have taken advantage of the gym facilities while in college and not gained weight.
8. I would have encouraged my mom and dad to let me talk to a therapist in high school to help deal with the panic attacks. (I was not sure what they were - no one really understood panic disorder back then.)
9. I would have volunteered even more at church.
10. I would take all of the above advice and put it to use today.
If you could get a health and well-being do-over, what would you have done differently?