"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner. " ~Colette
How true is that quote? When we look around and look backwards - for the most part - there is a LOT of good.
After a hard core pity party last night, I was able to get a handle on my emotions, my thoughts and my spirit.
I knew I just needed one day to fall apart. But I know, with all of my heart, that my life is full and how amazing to have someone in my life that can travel abroad and bring back awesome gifts. hahahahaa. See? I am concentrating on the positive.
The other good news - we are going to be thrilled to see one another soon enough.
On to other things - Happiness, that's the word of the day. BTW - I got my thunder storm I wished for. Unfortunately, I guess my request was taken very seriously, as it turns out - we have intense storms for the next week. Lovely, especially since I am traveling tomorrow through the weekend.
That's right, another business trip to the coast and I am actually looking forward to the trip. I need to shake off the funk of this past week.
For now, here is a list of Happy pieces of my week that I am looking forward to:
- A Pumpkin Spice Latte this morning.
- Body Jam Class tonight
- Planning of my trip today at work. (I just looove planning. Weird, I know.)
- Packing my bags. Another thing I enjoy! (I always know I am going somewhere and I get great satisfaction from living on purpose!)
- Picking up my rental car (I like the idea of driving someone else's shiny new car for a week.)
- Getting that first email from the egyptian tonight
- Having a peaceful drive (before) the sun comes up - watching as it rises on the way to Florida.
- Visiting the adorable city of Pensacola.
- Finally eating at The Fish House. Apparently it is the BOMB!
- Staying in an old Victorian B&B for two nights in Florida
- Having an evening (just me) at The Melting Pot. A little treat after a long day of meetings.
- Driving to the coast, to sit alone on the Gulf of Mexico
- Driving across that big bay to Mobile. (Yeah, I am actually looking forward to it this time.)
- Staying at the other Victorian B&B for a night
- Stopping by my favorite Soul food Restaurant in Mobile
- Coming home and truly relaxing.
- Saturday - going to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Alabama Theater
-Knowing the egyptian gets to spend time with his family and friends!
See.. there are GOOD things. I am excited! :-) What about you? What makes you happy this week?