Hmm.. let me explain further.. it is almost time for my mid-month shopping spree. (Sounds bad, doesn't it?) I don't go crazy and buy really expensive things, but I am a girl who is always in pursuit of pleasure. Guilty little pleasures.
As I sat here deciding on which little "G.P." I would indulge in, I began to think of the simple things that bring me smiles when the funds are low. (Yes, they are often low.)
Tonight I thought I would share with you my little list of things/activities, etc. that I actually participate in/purchase. These things would have to be considered a Guilty Pleasure. (Sometimes, that definition could easily mean.. "Little things I do that the egyptian does not know about because he loves to stress about how much money I am spending."
The next list I will share will be the simple smiles. Those are the items that truly bring me a simple "pleasure."
Let's get right to it!
1. Massages from the Chinese Holistic Therapy place. I am a sucker for a massage. Seriously, on death row, the last thing I would ask for would be a massage. I like a deep tissue, squeeze-till-it-hurts-then-release type of massage. Since my Helga of a Massage Therapist is back in Georgia, I found the next best thing - The Chinese Therapeutic people. They will bang out any tension, knots, whatever. These guys are small, but have powerfully strong hands. I usually stop by about 2x a month for a quick 35 minute massage. Costs me $35. Piece of cake. BUT - I consider it a guilty pleasure, b/c the egyptian is not a fan of other people touching me. Though it's completely safe and non inappropriate, it is just not something men in his culture approve of for their wives. Luckily, I get a woman most of the time - that cuts down on the "arab husband" freak out!
2. Salon Day (Cut/Color/Wax.. and pick up a few new products.) I LOVE getting my hair cut, colored, having one of the aromatherapy scalp massages, a facial and then a little wax. Ahhh.. I am a new woman. I indulge once every six weeks and try to get the complete package.
3. New shoes, new bag. Have you seen my closet? Shoes, purses, scarves.. things that always fit. Each paycheck, I always pick up at least one new pair of shoes and every other month or so I will get a new bag. HOWEVER - I am proud to say my everyday bag has remained the same since CHRISTMAS. (Thanks Heather for letting me pick out my gift!!)
4. Jewelry. I am not talking expensive (though me likey that too!) I am talking about FUN, costume jewelry. I have several jewelry boxes FULL of bracelets and ear rings, and even fun rings. Pendants - Got it! Pins? I wear those too!
5. Going to the movie and buying Reeses Pieces. Silly, small - but I LOVE going to the movies (the egyptian and I go about 2 x a week) and every once in a while I will splurge (yes.. I think it is splurging, b/c I think it is over priced) a bag of reeses pieces. I will munch on those, and unfortunately end up sick - but it is a wonderful day when it happens.
6. New Bra. Need a say more? Lift and separate, girls!
7. When I walk into Starbucks, and order my Latte this or that and instead of stopping there, I pick up one of those cds with 'cool jams'.. oh yeah. My $4 coffee turns into an $18 impulse buy. But good music, every time!
8. Mexican Snack Time. Oh yeah.. this gets bad - I will order 1 bowl of cheese deep, 1 bowl of guac and just chow down. Ahh..
9. Banana Split. I don't think any explanation is needed here.
10. Of course, taking a mental health day and just vegging in front of the tv. Fix one pot of coffee and don't move!
1. When I call my niece and she starts giggling on the phone, and knowing that something I said sent her into hysterical laughter.
2. When I look over at the egyptian and he just smiles at me.
3. When out of no where, I am minding my own business, and the egyptian suddenly says, "I love you."
4. When I see the Little Caesar's Pizza guy dancing on Green Springs with his sign.
5. When I call up a friend, and they really sound happy to hear my voice.
6. When little kids start pointing at me when I am driving, and giggling then they punch the mess out of each other. (Yes, I drive a VW bug.)
7. When a song I have been wanting to hear comes on the radio.
8. When I win something!
9. When I go to mass, and the priest says something that is sooo spot on to what I was praying about.
10. When I can make a difference in some one's day.
What about you? Tell me a few of your Guilty Pleasures and a few of your Simple Smiles!
PS - Need to add two more - stumbling upon a good book and GETTING COMMENTS FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!