It was written by a fabulous author, Dr. Kevin Leman. I actually read another book of his about Birth Order and behavior.
As always, his books never fail to entertain while they educate. You guys know that I rarely recommend a book unless I am really enjoying it - and this one is a winner. (Why did I not read this years ago?
I actually purchased this book in a Christian Book store. That's right. Don't worry if you are not religious - it is strictly about the importance of emotional intimacy in a marriage. Nothing crazy.
Some of the hot topics he hits on are:
- why taking out the garbage without being asked is foreplay
- the big part birth order plays in marriage
- why it's important to read your mate's mind
- why women ask everyday, "Do you really love me?"
- how to understand your mates "love language" and what to do about it
- what three things a wife can do to make her husband want to please her
- how love is an all-day affair
1. Why sex begins (and sometimes ends) in the kitchen
2. The Plight of Marriage
3. Whom did you marry?
4. Making the Pieces Fit
5. One plus one equals one
6. Nothing more than feelings
7. Women are from Pluto and Men are a bit Goofy
8. "Dr, Leman, You're Overdrawn."
9. How to be Good and Angry
10. Games Couples Play
11. Ying-Yangs, Weenies, Tallywackers, and "The Thing."
12. Couples of Promise
Some of the chapters are titled with super silly subject - and that is about how he writes. He takes very serious issues and makes them not so scary. (PS - not only is he a well-known psychologist, but also a prominent speaker and humorist.)
Some little known facts he says people have about marriage are:
- Sex is not the most important need in a husband's life
- Many women naively violate their marriage weekly
- You didn't marry one person, you married at least 4.
Surprised? These are just a few of the intriguing issues he addresses in his book. He goes on to say that sexual intimacy is an expression of the intimacy the couple shares in all areas of their life together. Basically - he says satisfaction is about how you treat one another. In general. A really nice recipe for a solid relationship.
Good stuff - I recommend it, and I am enjoying it. Especially about how different personality types and birth order in a marriage can dictate how we treat one another and what our expectations may be.
Check it out!