Today's post from the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge was to write about your least favorite thing about the holidays.
Do I have to pick just one?
As your resident curmudgeon, I would like to tackle this one in one of my infamous list formats.
1. Christmas music overkill on adult-contemporary radio. Look, I get it. Working the the media world - this is the time radio stations can butter their bread. Ads sell like hotcakes around the holiday themed stations. But.. my favorite songs quickly become irritating to me because I hear them 5-bazillion times a day.
2. New takes on old songs. Do NOT change the tempo, or add your spice to the holiday song. It drives me bonkers. I don't want to hear Beyonce sing Hark the Herald with some funky bass. Just sing it like it was written to be sung.
3. Holiday decorations up before Halloween in the stores.
4. Rabid women shopping. Brings out the grinch in some of these people.
5. Crappy gift packs in department stores. You know the ones, packaged like an awesome gift idea for the non-creative husband to pick up. Usually includes no-name body butter, a shower puff and some stinky bath salts that claim to have the essence of vanilla?
6. Too many sweets.
7. Either too many holiday parties to attend, or NOT getting invited. I don't know which is worse.
8. Wrapping gifts, I am HORRIBLE. Everyone laughs, they always know which gift was mine by the way I wrap them!
9. Having to take off perfectly good vacation days to use during the coldest time of the year.
10. Finally - the pressure to be happy all the time.
That's it! ;-)