Currently, I am reading a wide range of books. I am back on, "The Happiness Project," as well as, "The Artist's Way." I finished reading the first week of "The Artist's Way" and one of the assignments I was given was to make a list of possible careers you would choose, if nothing stood in your way.
Basically it was entitled - "Imaginary Lives." I really like the idea of this one, especially considering what I am going through currently. (PS - the anger tries to seep in from time to time. Not sure who to be angry at - but I figure, I can blog about that at a later date.)
Since I am job searching, I thought to myself, "What a perfect time to to try it out!"
Here are my 10 (yes, 10 - there are sooo many I want to do, and I will put them in order of importance, and then stick to 5) - Imaginary Lives.
Nicole's Imaginary Life Choices:
10. Event Planner - I enjoy planning and activating activities/parties/events. I can see things visually, and usually can make it happen. I am quick, decisive, and budget conscious. At the end of the day, people always say, "You throw a good party."
9. Philosophy Professor - I am super crazy about "deep thinking" and the whys and the hows of the human mind and stream of consciousness. I can totally see me moderating a group of college age students in a discussion on a myriad of topics.
8. Litigator - Yep. I probably should have gone to Law School, and yes - I would throw down in a court room. I could totally see me working for the ACLU, defending the rights of every Tom, Dick and Harry.
7. Holistic Medicine Practitioner/Aromatherapist - I am completely into this naturopathic way of health, and would have loved to go to school to study it. I could see working at a spa, or retreat or rehab center, conducting exercises/activities or treating customers/patients.
6. Therapist - I have always been super-into psychology. I read a ton of books, and always try to diagnose why people do what they do. A little bit of an over-analyzer. Could have done it. Probably should have done it.
5. Documentarian - While studying broadcasting, I always saw myself documenting various cultures through film. Now, I am thinking I need to see if Anthony Bourdain needs a new producer. ;-)
4. Professional Writer - Where all I did was write, maybe a column in a paper or magazine. Or freelance. Just write, write, write. Sort of what I do now, just actually getting paid for it. ;-)
3. Life Coach - ever since I worked with a Life Coach once, I have been fascinated with the concept. I actually found a school I want to take the certification through. But it costs $1,000 - and unfortunately, I just lost my job. Should have done it 6 months ago, when I had the $$.
2. Photographer - I have always been fascinated with photography. I will be the first to tell you, I know very little and have a simple point and shoot camera. But boy oh boy - what I would do with a good camera. Watch out world!
1. Peace Corps Volunteer - still want to. Thinking I need to get serious about it. But I need to time it right, so that Mr. Egyptian could join me.
What about you? What would be your top 5??