How cool is that?
The very next day, I got a call from someone from the place asking what my salary requirements were. I always hesitate on this one. I told them, and I could hear the disappointment a little. Then they said thank you. 15 minutes later, they called back and asked me to come in on Monday at 3pm for an interview!
The job is the Communications Manager position for the CVB in my hometown. That's kinda cool, and well - if anything, I definitely know the area. It's very antebellum and very historical. LOTS of touristy stuff and few really big festivals that bring thousands to the area. Heck, why not?
Of course, I am still praying the TV station makes a decision soon. I think it would make my life and the egyptian's life easier if we did not have to move. But according to my friend, they are not making the decision for a little while longer.
That was Plan A. I decided to move forward exploring Plan B. Then maybe... I will have an answer soon (either way) and can make decisions accordingly. I NEED an answer of some kind.
I suppose I will treat the next week as a true vacation week. :-)
I hope to visit old friends, relax with my niece and family, and get down to the business of exploring my options.
As a dear friend told me - you got to take care of "You." That's what I am doing.