Watching people, more manic than I, can completely wear me out. I'm not as hyper as I used to be. When I see someone who has more energy, more excitement, more passion than I... suddenly I feel like my energy is being drained. Could it be? Could these people be actual emotional vampires?
2. Some people take things waaay too seriously. After my visit to the OB-GYN, I jokingly told a coworker, "I feel like I was violated." She looked at me so seriously and asked, "Nicole.. I am serious when I ask you this.. Do You feel violated? Do you think he did something inappropriately?" I paused. I looked at her like she was crazy, and shrieked, "No!!" Note to self: Keep the melodrama for people who really get your sense of humor. (I over act (not over react) but over act for fun around friends.) Clearly, this person does not interpret social cues very well.
3. The fact of the matter is, those two radio hosts in Alabama are complete morons. Unfortunately, more of those type of people follow a certain political party. No, I do not think people who follow that are morons - but to their party's detriment, too many morons aspire to be like them, so they taint the party. I know, I used to vote for the other side. Now, it just feels so wrong and dirty to even associate myself with that party. I've changed.
4. My interns have grown on me. They always do.
5. Apparently my weight loss (which I am so proud of,) is not enough to make my doctor proud. He has prescribed something to help me along the way. I am officially taking Metformin. Used for people with Insulin Resistance. Will actually help me lose weight and control some of the side effects of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. We'll see...
6. I have 5 1/2 months until I turn 40. I CANNOT believe it. A major milestone.. and I am super nervous about it.
7. I think I am almost caught up on everything from the 9 months of unemployment. Slow and steady.. right?
8. I really wish I had a cat or dog. It gets lonely around these parts. Thank God for Netflix and a library full of books. And a good sense of humor. (Joys of living with a husband who stays busy with work and friends, and I without anything to distract me.)
9. I am crossing the threshold of crazy Aunt. I voluntarily decided to take my 6 year old niece to Monkey Joe's tomorrow. Yes... I did.
10. Reading Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine and feeling like it is the perfect book to read to wrap up summer! No one.. and I mean NO ONE can use descriptive words like that man. Talk about "painting the picture."
11. I am planning on an Autumn Party.. wanted to do it on the Equinox.. but don't think I will be able to, BUT I do have an idea for a theme. Soooo excited.
12. I am actually looking forward to my celebration of the season. Hope you guys join me!
13. I am addicted to the Java Shake at Roasted. It's two shots of espresso mixed with a vanilla shake. I think it is the reason I have reached a "plateau." Which means it is not a plateau.. but me consuming a vanilla milkshake each week. (Just one.. but still..)
14. I want a bike.
15. I need new tires and an oil change. Must. Wait.
16. I am SO excited that Starbucks is selling their Pumpkin Spice Lattes now.
17. Growing sleepy...
18. I hate getting a cold that causes a month or two cough. NEVER FAILS.
19. Miss my friends in Birmingham. I need someone to come visit me!
20. Finally..... Oh finally...
All is well.