Cherry & Coconut Muffins
Oil or Melted Butter, for greasing (if using)
Heaping 1/2 cup candied cherries
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
Heaping 1/2 cup superfine sugar
Scant 1/2 cup dry unsweetened coconut
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut milk
6 tbsp sunflower oil or melted, butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 whole fresh cherries on their stalks
1. Preheat the oven to 400F or 200C. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with 12 muffin paper liners. Cut the candied cherries into small pieces.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, coconut, and chopped candied cherries.
3. Lightly beat the eggs in a large pitcher or bowl, then beat in the coconut milk, oil and vanilla extract. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not overmix.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Top each muffin with a whole fresh cherry. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
5. Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
**From 1 Mix, 100 Muffins by Susanna Tee
Now for lunch -
Smoked Turkey, Brie and Dried Cranberry Quesadilla
4 (10inch) flour tortillas
8 ounces Brie cheese, rind cut off
5 ounces smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat a quesadilla maker. Place brie, turkey and cranberries on two tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas. Press down to compact and seal. Place on maker and close the lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tortilla is lightly toasted. Remove and cut into wedges.