Time to take stock in the lessons of the week!
What have I learned, thus far?
1. Angels come in the form of furry friends. What a gift from God to be blessed with a pet you can love and call your own. They are only in our lives a short time - 10 - 18 years, but what an absolute joy they can bring. RIP Snowflake, kitty, kitty.
2. You are never too old to give it one more try. I interviewed for a TV News Producer position at the top TV station in town.
3. Maybe I should have stuck to my dream. Since I was 12 years old, all I ever wanted to do was work in TV. About 6 months ago, I started toying with the idea of seeing how I could get back in the biz. Lost my job, and 1 week later found myself in an interview. Talk about divine intervention.
4. Stress causes break outs. I don't think I have seen this many zits since I was 16 years old. Come to think of it, I never broke out - even when I was 16!
5. The egyptian is my rock. It doesn't make sense. He is a knuckle head most of the time. But I be damned, if he does not continue to stick with me. Surprises all around.
6. Cans can cut. I need to be careful when opening my canned goods. I sliced my pinky.
7. That's what the pantry is for! Finally getting around to all of those canned goods I never eat. It's amazing what you can live off of when you have absolutely no money.
8. B-R-O-K-E. Yep. Tapped out. Think I am kidding? I'm not. Down to 1/4 tank of gas and the food in the pantry.
9. The government sucks. Like I really needed to state the obvious? Unemployment - still no word, no money. I am on week 2.
10. Severance package? Hello?? Where are you??
11. Crisis can bring us together. The Islamic Academy called - they are not rehiring most of the teachers back due to the budget. That includes my beloved.
12. Times are hard. But as long as I have the air in my lungs, a warm bed at night, some PB &J - I will okay.
13. Wait - Add Netflix and electricity to that.
14. Oh yeah - and my Iphone. ;-)
15. That apparently the pool was not as important to me as I thought. I have yet to become a pool bunny in my unemployment. What a waste of amenities.
16. Zumba is my one scheduled activity each week.
17. It's a good thing I am a product whore. What does that mean? It means I buy TONS of beauty & hair products. This means I have PLENTY, and I don't have to worry yet.
18. AHA caused muscle tension. Most of my muscle tension is gone - HOORAY!
19. There are people who care about me. When I am able, I need to thank them.
20. These lists are so much fun!