There are a few things that can turn a perfectly nice get-a-way or work trip into a bad experience.
I thought I would share a few of those with you now:
1. GPS that for whatever reason, has you driving in circles.
2. Loooong lines of traffic on I-10 west bound. When you finally get moving - you find out it was nothing.
3. Booking a hotel on Priceline (trying to save a buck) - then getting to said hotel and the reservation was not confirmed.
4. Having the hotel's guest service person look at you like you are a fool and say - 'Well, you will have to call them.. there is nothing I can do. ' Then I have a follow up question, 'Do other people have trouble with Priceline.' Then she replies, 'All the time. Trust me.. I do this all the time.' .... thanks for nothing b*tch.
5. Finally getting Priceline on the phone to be told that the hotel in question - CHATEAU BOURBON A WYNDHAM HOTEL - does indeed have my confirmation. Then they call the hotel for me.
6. Waiting 45 minutes for the idiots at the front desk to fix everything.
7. Handing over my debit card to hold for incidentals.
8. WYNDHAM CHATEAU BOURBON proceeds to put a $118.12 hold on my card. Was told by the hotel it was released. 14 hours later.. still there.
9. Egyptian is parched - drinks bottle of water in hotel room. Costs $3.00
10. Driving 5 hours - egyptian comes inside to "use the bathroom" - I wait with the luggage - no show - I lugg the items up the stairs.. open the door, he is sitting on the couch on the phone - then we return the rental car - drop him at work - then i head to the DMV because my licence expires on Sunday.
It's times like these when I wish I could just crack open a bottle of wine and drink the whole damned thing.
But I can't.
So I won't.
I will try to recover from my destination therapy.
Geez... can a sista get a break? ;-)