A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.
~H. L. Mencken
I've got this little problem. I can see the good - but I always think it will be short lived.
I have hope that things will get better - only to fall apart again.
Perhaps it is just my experience, but life seems to be one BIG roller coaster ride, and I am no fan of the adrenaline rush.
I try really hard to talk myself into being "positive." Not that I am a depressive person, I just tend to always have a snide thought running through my head.
I wish I could have a procedure, similar to lasik, where my eyes are permanently tinted with rose-colors. Then, perhaps I could see things less clearly.
And that's just it - I see things too clearly sometimes. I rarely get caught up in the excitement. Yes, I do get excited. Yes, I have expressed it here. But it is usually short lived.
With that being said, I have tried to find websites that teach positive thinking. Over and Over they say to give yourself affirmations. To a cynic - that is just plain ridiculous. However, they say that the unconscious mind will believe what you tell it, and respond accordingly.
How funny that would be -if it really worked. (Which I highly doubt!) Here is what I would tell my unconscious/subconscious brain:
1. You are soooo skinny. You look awesome, no worries for you!
2. Man, you are the most graceful person in the world.
3. WOW - You are waaaay smarter than most people.
4. Eating?? Nah - you don't need it. Just take a vitamin, drink lots of water and ignore those dizzy, weak signals.
5. You have an amazing singing voice. I think you should audition for American Idol.
6. While you are at it - head over to America's Next Top Model, because you ARE about 6 feet.
7. Fuel for the car is over rated. Who needs to stop and get gas??
8. Bills? They don't exist.
9. Taxes - Nah.. neither do they. You do not need to pay them. Don't worry - no one will get mad at you, or haul you off to prison - because you are AWESOME.
10. You should really tell people what you are thinking, and hand out tons of advice, because you are the most wonderful person anyone has ever met.
Ahhh... positive thinking! What would you add to my list?