Unplugging is awesome!
I am on this quest to simplify my life. I chose to "unplug."
That does not necessarily mean literally. I do have a few set rules. Want to learn more?
Nicole's Rules For Unplugging
1. I will not answer the phone. Seriously. I am on full screen alert. Unless, we have an agreement to talk at a certain time...
2. Which leads to scheduling my conversations. Yes - I have decided to make a point to call someone. Not randomly when I am bored.. and prattle about. My calls will be further apart and meaningful.
3. Short conversations. I don't want to know every detail of every thing from every one. Just simple pleasantries, then move on.
4. Limit Face Book to no more than 1 hour this week, 45 minutes next week, 30 minutes the next - and finally settling on 15 minutes a day - only! Talk about a time sucker and useless piece of drama.
5. Work will stay at work. No more bringing that home with me.
6. My time is just that - MY TIME. I will read, relax, take a hot bath, go to the pool, gym - whatever. My time begins after work.
7. The morning I hope to designate for quite meditation.
8. TV off, unless I am appointment viewing.
9. More hobbies, less electronics.
10. Read more - Write more - Love more. In no particular order.
I think THIS might help me this summer. I have adjusted the diet. I have a plan for the physical. I have made it clear - no more toxic. I am working on me and working on my marriage. We have a plan.
And to tell you the truth.. it feels good!