That's what got me through a lot of hardships this past week. Yes, they are silly things, nothing earth shattering, more so - feelings related.
Some of the personal updates (for those who are following) are:
1. I got a raise! (That's reason to celebrate. It was awesome, my manager waited until my birthday to tell me the great news!
2. My friend who's stepfather died plans to come over one night this week and officially celebrate my birthday with me and eat some of this HUGE cake in my frig.
3. I finally got in touch with the "Louise" of my non-existent trip and shot imaginary poison darts at her through the phone. I also informed her she would be taking me on trip - all expenses paid. LOL
4. I finally spoke to the egyptian and confronted him about EVERYTHING. This time, I would not let him pull a, "Nicole, I am tired and I can't talk right now." He always runs away when things get tough. I asked him whether he was wanting to be my husband and he.. (and I quote).. said, "You mean Divorce you? I have not taken a decision on that yet."
5. Which in turn, I replied - "I will not be your option. If "things" don't pan out for you. I want to be your priority. I asked him if I could consider us legally separated, since he had no plans to include me (anymore) in the NY thing and since he was not sure he would be coming home. He replied with, "I have to go now." And hung up the phone.
6. I then called one of my best friends in Tampa - and she told me to cut my losses.
7. 30 minutes later - he calls and says, "Nicole I am coming home." I replied, "Coming home to my house?" He said, "Yes." Then he asked, "Do you have any money to buy me a ticket?" and I replied, "No."
8. My meeting in Pensacola and Mobile went well. That's a plus.
9. The idea of being there and turning it into something positive worked! I am getting more and more comfortable with traveling alone. I used to go to my hotel and sort of stick there. Now - I am venturing out and enjoying myself.
10. I am HOME.
Here are some of the highlights of the trip:
When I got to the hotel - I walked to the beach.
The water (considering there was still an oil spill they are cleaning up) was beautiful!
Proof I was there. Sorry - had to take it myself. LOL
This is my little friend Sam.. or Samatha. LOL
View as I walked to the beach
Where I went for dinner
This is a little fried cinnamon thingy that you dip in honey
NY Strip with mashed potatoes
6 fried shrimp
View from my seat at the restaurant - I was watching the sun set
View from my hotel window
Final view from restaurant.
Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend.