Saturday, May 14, 2011
Things I Wish I Had More of In My Life
It had all of the elements I wanted. The only missing puzzle piece, was to be with someone who I really cared about. At that time, I was in a marriage with someone I was not too crazy about. He was nice.. but...
I began to think, what would I do NOW, if I could just settle in and create the perfect life for myself. Several ideas popped into my head, and they are TOTALLY doable. There ARE things I want to do, and people I want to see more. I have either done these things from time to time or I can't seem to figure out how to make it happen here.
So without any more chitter chatter - here are the things I wish I had more of in my life:
1. A GREAT Bible study class. (Don't scoff.) It's true! When I lived back home, I had a wonderful (small) Bible study class. We always met at a local coffee shop, met for about 2 hours, and had a blast. It was almost like a little group therapy session. We were a mix of different ages, races, financial backgrounds - it was great! I met some of my closest friends to this day there. I would give anything to find a small Bible study group. My church has really BIG groups. Nothing intimate, where you can connect with others. Plus, the one time I attended, I was bored to tears.
2. Go hiking more. I actually LOVE to hike. The only person I found who would go with me is a friend Katie, but I have sort of lost touch with her. There are some amazing places to hike around, it's very much the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. I would love to have a few friends who would go hiking with me.
3. Camping. Did I ever tell you how much I LOVE to camp? It's true. I used to camp every summer from the age of 6 - 12. Then I worked out at a camp ALL summer from the age of 18 - 23. I miss camping soooo much. Most of the people I have met in Birmingham (and maybe because it is the city) are not into camping. I have all the gear and NO ONE to go camping with.
4. Play Board Games. I have TONS of board games and NO ONE to play them with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE board games. The egyptian HATES games. Literally HATES them.
5. Go for a picnic. I think it would be super fun to meet up with friends, at least once a month, for a picnic & frisbee. I miss doing things like that.
6. Join a Non Fiction writers group. WHICH- FINALLY this may happen. Remember the post I wrote about the writing workshop. On the registration paper, you had to write what genre you prefer. I get a call the next morning from a woman who created the workshop, asking me if I would like to join this VERY type of group she was creating. YES! So.. in time... :-)
7. Have a Zumba buddy. I LOVE my Zumba classes, but how much MORE fun would it be to have a friend with me. Luckily, I am now friends with one of the instructors - but that is NOT the same thing.
8. Themed Dinner Parties. Okay, I used to throw a party at my house back home about once a month. That's back when I was a scrapper. Oh yeah - you should see my 20+ scrap books and all of the themed parties inside of them. But my social circle is smaller, and now I am more interested in cooking. What if I had about 2 or 3 more couples that would like to do a themed dinner party. Like - pick a country, or a type of food - whatever. Meet at their house, everything from music, to food- etc. is that theme? How fun would that be? I am on a mission to do this!
9. Photography Buddy. Now - one of my dearest friends from work, Laura, is an actual photographer. She and I, as well as our friend Jamie, spent one fall Saturday at a farmers market and antique stores taking photographs. That was sooooo much fun! I would LOVE to find someone like that, who would like to, maybe every other week, go out and take pics at different locations. Just for fun. :-) I might be able to talk Laura into that - though, she is about to have a baby, and I think her interests may be a little busy. THOUGH, she can always strap little Veda Jane to her back and we could GO! LOL (Laura, if you read this - think about it!)
10. Finally - Use that damned sewing machine of mine. It keeps staring at me, begging me to create something. I am so pathetic, I don't even know how to thread the damned thing. I am waiting on my "instructor." LOL I am not calling out any names. hahahaha... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. ;-)
That's it. TEN THINGS I WISH I HAD MORE OF IN MY LIFE.
What about you? What little "thing" would you change in your life? Or rather, add to?
YOUR AD HERE!
Interested in purchasing ad space? Your ad could be RIGHT HERE.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Email email@example.com for more details.