We finally made it to the most anticipated holiday in my family's year - Christmas.
The presents are open, the food has been consumed and now my sister is yelling that she put on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie.
(This is after she made us watch Disney's musical fire place and Harry Connick Jr's Christmas DVD (which the latter is always welcomed!))
Anthony Bourdain (another book of his)
Blood Red Nail Polish
Dad started a fire and apparently the wind was pushing the smoke back out and the fire alarms went off.
The coffee my sister made was like sludge.
Not enough time to visit with friends, the egyptian wants to go home tomorrow.
Final BIG LOW - Did not go to midnight mass. I was tooooo tired. Watched Sex & The City 2 instead, I am such a heathen.
Final BIG HIGH: My new purple scarf and $25 Starbucks gift card
I hope you are all finding some comfort this season. Regardless of your circumstances, try to find some good.
I promise to get back to all of your posts when I return home tomorrow night. I am off for one whole week with nothing but a trip to Florida for New Years (since Thailand is off - yep - no Bangkok for New Year's - b/c.... well... I buried the lead again.......)
- The egyptian accepted a job in NYC. Yep. We have to pay his moving expenses.
No - I am not going right now... and no this is not a bad thing. He wants to teach. He is certified to teach in his country. BUT each state has different requirements. He is going to get certified in the state he wants to work in. We have some egyptian friends in Brooklyn. He will go live with them and work as a manager in his friend's store.
I will remain here - I am resigning my lease. That gives him plenty of time to see if it will all work out. If not, he will move back in with me, and if so - I will head up. But not for another 7 months....
Don't worry - we will see each other. Great excuse to fly to NYC for my birthday and his birthday and for whatever reason I might create!
I debated announcing it - b/c if anyone from work reads this, they might think I am jumping ship. No... not now.. and not for a while. I have a great job, and that's that. We are being smart about this. Give him a chance to see if it fits our lifestyle, and that gives me from December to July to figure out what we are going to do. It's like he is going off to school (which is a HIGH possibility.)
That was the BIG announcement.
Sort of sucks to be apart - but at the same time, it is for our future. If he can get certified and find a job by next fall, then perhaps I can see what is out there for me. If not, he will return and we will go to plan B. These things take time, and since we do not have kids - it's okay for him to see if he can get this going. I am supporting his decision, and will wait to see what the outcome will be. Taking things slow and being strategic and smart about this is my main priority.
I also know that NYC could get very lonely for him and it is COLD right now. There is a high chance he would pack his things up and move back. So- for now, I am patient. Let him get it out of his system.
Or... it could work out! Who knows? 7 - 8 months, a lot can happen. My 37 years has taught me that. I am not as spontaneous as I used to be. I am also a realist.
Here's to 2011 and a year of TRUST and BALANCE and PASSION and CHANGE. Merry Christmas all.. and to all a good night.