Sunday, July 10, 2011
Changes are afoot
What does that mean and what does that look like, I am still trying to decide. This is my baby and it is my ultimate passion. With over 12,000 to 13,000 views a week, I would like to see that grow. I want to reach people, but still stay authentic. If people want to follow, so be it. If not, that's okay. If you google search a certain topic, I would love to be one of the options. I still want to share all of my personal stories: the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I think it is time I get a little more serious about it. Not in a weirdo way of trying to market myself and be super obvious about it. But just clean it up a bit, do what I do best, and share all of the bazillion ideas that are in my head.
For one, I think I figured out a way to keep it personal, without totally ticking people off. I also like sharing some of the research I do from time to time. I like making my lists. I like sharing my favorites.
Why not turn all of that into something a little more... how do I say it?.... organized!
I know me, and I know I am NOT a planner. I like things to be fluid, and just get inspired. I promise you, that will always remain my main source of material to write about. But I do have a million ideas, and I thought I would start jotting them down, and somehow write the way I know how.
For one, I have a small notebook I am keeping in my purse. Anytime something sparks my interest, I jot it down. That "inspiration" will one day become a blog post.
I also plan to keep my camera in my bag also. I am always finding waay cool items to share with people. I want you to see what I see, experience what I experience.
I have made a schedule of sorts (I say that loosely) of how I can get all of this organized. I think the routine will be good for me. I am actually trying to put more structure in my life. It is all part of the Happiness Project.
Okay.. soo.. here is what I have (tentatively) decided to try:
- Sunday - I still like the idea I started about 1/2 a year ago (and sort of fell off) about my spiritual Sundays. I have sort of lost my passion for the Zen and the Spiritual, so I think by making Sundays my day to write about my passion - My Spirit. I will call it - Nicole's Zen Moments. Maybe I write about a Saint, or prayer, or God, or meditation, or new agey stuff. Who knows. What ever sparks my interest will make it to the blog. I think by starting my day off with this type of information will remind me to keep Sunday holy. So.. be it!
- Monday - Since Mondays are usually hectic, I thought I would use Mondays as a great day to highlight my favorites! I am calling it, Nicole's Choice. What I will do is feature a recipe for the week, perhaps a favorite quote, a must-see movie, a "song" I am totally loving, a book you simply must purchase, perhaps a local restaurant I visited that week, and my favorite one of all - FEATURING ONE BLOGGER I THINK YOU SHOULD FOLLOW! I follow quite a few, but there are a few I love, love, LOVE. Each week I will highlight one I want you to go check out. This is combining a million different items I love to write about into one post a week!
- Tuesday - You guys know I have 500 passionate causes I like to get behind. If you follow me on my personal FB page, I am constantly posting a video or story, or whatever. I have decided Monday will be- Nicole's Passion. I have a long list of items/causes/etc. that I want to make you aware of. That's the business I am in, and that is what I like the most. I am finally tackling some topics I keep putting off. I am going to put this out there, because I have been approached by a few nonprofits to blog about their cause.. and I will - only if I truly feel a passion for it. If you are a nonprofit or a an activist of sorts, send me an email and I will check out your site.
- Wednesday - I am all about doing something. Not just talking about it. I know it sometimes takes me a while to take the steps, but I thought I would dedicate Tuesdays to Nicole's Action. It could be as simple as how to take action on or a part two on my passion, or perhaps it is 5 tips for doing XYZ. Maybe it could be a challenge of some kind (like our Happiness Project we are working on.) Whatever it is.. it's something we can all do. Literally - DO.
- Thursday - This is another favorite idea of mine, one I have tinkered with off and on. It will be called, Destination: _________. That blank could be ANYTHING. Could be a place I love to visit, some place I hope to visit, maybe something I hope to accomplish. It's a way to showcase the people/places/things that I believe in.
- Friday - This is the day I slowly begin to decompress on. I figure.. why not list out everything I have learned that week. So Fridays will feature: Things I have learned this week. I hope to come up with a better title, but this is the basic idea. I do one from time to time, but I think it is an excellent way to share my findings, and sort of unofficially vent. ;-)
- Saturday - I am bringing back the State of the Union. That's right. Every Saturday I will catch you up on my personal life. This one might be a little lengthy, but it will keep you up on my friends, work, and of course.. the never ending saga with the egyptian. :-)
There you have it. A way to organize all of the things I am already doing - but making sure I get it done. That does not mean I will not post a random from time to time.
What are your thoughts? Do you think this will help me? Do you like the topics?
YOUR AD HERE!
Interested in purchasing ad space? Your ad could be RIGHT HERE.
Email email@example.com for more details.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.