I figured out what my problem is. Unfortunately, there is really nothing I can do about it, but accept it and control how I react to the issue, or cut it out.
Both actions do absolutely nothing to change the other party. *sigh*
I tried, right?
Springtime lasted about two weeks in Central Georgia. We went from a mild winter (if you can call it that,) to beautiful, sunny skies and cool breezes - to BAMM! hot, humid days, yet we still have sunny skies, just no breeze... and it's only MAY.
I need to plan plan plan for the summer time. Summer will involve a new home, a few more events at work, and hopefully a jaunt down to Savannah for a weekend get-a-way, or maybe down to the Golden Isles (St. Simons, Jekyll Island, etc.) Either way, it's time to plan what this summer is going to look like. I am hopeful and I am ready for all of the new chapters and transitions.
It's been a while since I did a "Things I learned this week" and I think it is about time I cranked one out again!
Things Nicole Has Learned This Week:
1. All you can do is try. If the other person is not willing to even show an ounce of love, then stop killing yourself trying to make it work.
2. Re awaking your spirit is a powerful force. It translates into clarity and a happy life in areas you are meant to succeed.
3. 6-year-olds have more energy than a crack head. Plus, they tend to like to wake up sleeping dragons by taking a bell, placing it in a bucket, and rolling it around and around. Making sure you WAKE up before the sun rises.
4. Money is no longer a motivator for me. Once I gave that up, I felt such a freedom.
5. God has a sense of humor - I was asked to emcee a local pageant. Tonight. LOL. Yeah - was very anti-pageant as a youngster.
6. Speaking of God, I get to Macon each morning, with plenty of time left to attend Mass. My home church is just blocks from my job. What is stopping me?
7. I miss my peeps in Birmingham. They need to come visit me soon.
8. I love the new peeps, and resurrected old peeps I have encountered since I entered the workforce.
9. Cats are the single coolest creatures on earth.
10. Finally - I'm gravitating toward green. Not Kelly green or Forest green - more of a sage green. Who knows... ;-)