|Laura Rowe Photography|
Finding just the right "thing" to do/ be "into" is not very easy. As kids, we naturally gravitate toward the blocks, the cars or the barbies. But as we get older, our parents point us toward ballet, tennis, horseback riding, or softball. Maybe we excel, because that's what we do, or maybe we fail and end up disappointing our parents who were trying their hardest to live vicariously through us.
I have decided to come up with a list of items I will NEVER, EVER do/become/encourage my niece to participate in - etc. It's just me. These are things I don't naturally gravitate to.
1. Soft ball. Nope. Never, EVER played it. Well, maybe in elementary school PE class, but never recreationally. It never appealed to me. I do remember seeing the girls in school who played softball, they always were the chunkier ones, butchier ones, more "tom boyish." I was definitely a girly girl and preferred spending my Saturdays and evenings doing ballet versus this sport. If I had to pick a sport, it would be something like tennis or swimming or soccer. Maybe even flag football. But not softball.
2. Cheer leading. Nope. Never. That sometimes surprised some of my friends growing up, since I was a dancer. But between my dancer friends, we used to say that cheer leaders were dancers on crack. Not literally, but because it was more spastic in nature versus fluid and graceful. More gymnastic-eque, versus beautiful. If you took a ballet class then tried to cheer, you probably would not have those solid, quick, stiff movements a cheer leader has. It's a different beast all together. Sure, a ton of cheer leaders were my friends, and I would NEVER bash a cheer leader, but it was not my thing, nor would it ever be. To be perfectly honest, my niece is not the most graceful, but it seems she might end up athletic, she is doing really well in Taekwondo. Perhaps throw in a gymnastics class and she might seriously do well in that.
But not me,
3. Cut my hair short. It will NEVER happen. When I say short, I mean the kind of cut above the ears/close to the neck short. Think Winona Ryder. Except, I think her cut is adorable - just not on me.
4. Go blond. Nope - NO FREAKING WAY. I prefer dark hair. I do have one friend that is a natural brunette, and she is completely blond, but honestly, she looks better as a blond.
5. Wear flip flops everywhere. Nope. Nope. Nope. I detest those things. I think they are appropriate for children only. I was pleased to see Clinton & Stacie agree!
God.. I know soooo many people who do this. LOL
6. Go hunting/eat deer. Hell to the no. No No No No No.
7. Lip injections. Though, I naturally have pouty lips - so at the same time, not necessary.
8. Drink root beer or cherry coke.
9. Get a gold tooth.
10. Censor my writing.
What about you???? What would you add to the list, or what do YOU agree with??