Leave it to my dear blog buddy, Leanne at From Chaos Comes Happiness, to snap me back into old blogging routines. You see, Leanne and I met at an Ice cream Social. Not really, but sort of. Just like in Leanne's current blog post, in the early days of blogging I would spend a few days a week linking up with blog hops and other "networking" socials online in order to build up my readers. From those readers, you would randomly receive a blog award.
I have to admit.. it's been a while. It's been a while since I linked up, since I followed a new blog, since I have commented on blogs, since I even received an award. I sort of chuckled when Leanne sent this to me, because it made me feel like an old pro at the whole blogging thing. She and I would send these types of things back and forth. I will admit, I met so many fantastic writers by doing things just like this. It has been a while.. and it is refreshing to do it one more time.
So first of all - I want you to visit Leanne. I think that is the rule - I guide you over to her.
She is incredibly talented and funny and everything good you can imagine. I would say she is like a Blogging BFF - does that make her a BBFF? Perhaps we just coined a term.
Now... here is what she has bestowed upon me:
Now.. there are some rules with this award. Let's see if I can sort it all out.
The rules of the award are that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.
Okay, I think I have it.
First - 11 random things about me:
1. I am obsessed with Lime and Balsamic Vinegar. Just not together. It's true. I put lime in just about everything I drink. If something says it is lime flavored, I usually order it. I love the smell, I love the taste, and the color is simply a happy, clean color for me.
Now as far as balsamic vinegar goes - I put it on the most random things: mac & cheese, corned beef hash, and mashed potatoes. Yep. Heck, thinking about it now, I begin to salivate.
2. I never wear flip flops (except at the beach)... if I can help it. I simply hate feet. There are very few people who have nice feet. VERY few. WEIRD.. I know.
3. The thought of mayo on anything makes me gag. It's not even up for discussion.
4. I prefer a french manicure. I think they are really pretty.
5. I would like to spend my retirement in the Peace Corps.
6. I collect Wonder Woman, Holly Golighty (from Breakfast at Tiffany's,) Frog Princes, Cows on Parade, and Sugar skulls paraphernalia.
7. I suffer from Panic Disorder. Was really bad from age 8 to about 30. Moderate from 30 - 35. Not so bad the past 5 years...
8.I am happiest when I am reading, writing, drinking coffee, dancing, or in the water.
9. I really do like flowers and gardening. I would like nothing more than to live a completely holistic lifestyle. (But I am just... well...)
10. If I could travel to any three countries in the world - right now - it would be Greece, France and Spain.
11. I don't put sugar in my coffee. Cream only.
Okay.. 11 random facts - DONE.
Now I am supposed to pick 11 fantastic bloggers, I personally follow. These are my 'GO-TO' reads. I always, if nothing else, make sure to stop by their blogs once a week.
1. Tere at a Mom, a Blog, and Life In Between! Tere and I worked together at the American Heart Association. (She lives in Miami.) Our groups would have to get together quarterly or so... so I actually got to know Tere. I adore her sassyness and she is an incredible writer. Check out her blog. Seriously... you'll be glad you did!
2. Betty at Bossy Betty. Betty is one I found through Leanne a long time ago. Betty has become a regular around here, and I on her blog. She is incredibly inspirational.
3. Empty Nest - I wish I could remember when I started following this blog, but for the life of me I can't - check her out! She's witty and fun.
4. Flashes of Brilliance and Long Spans of Mediocrity - Ashley and I are actual friends. She also worked at the AHA with me, but in Nashville - same scenario as Tere. You may be thinking, how are so many of your bloggers? You have to remember, must of us are former media/journalism people - so we are writers! She is funny and is living this fantastic life in Los Angeles now. :-)
5. Food Floozie - Yenta Mary is apparently the diva of all food. I adore this woman and her love for all things edible. Check out her yummy blog!
6. High Heeled Life - Another fave!
7. Organized Chaos - Anna Kaye is a former intern of mine. She is adorable and a very talented writer.
8. Sanity Waiting to Happen - Angela is my former room mate from college. She is a SUPER talented writer... please.. just.. if nothing else... click on her blog. You'll be rolling laughing.
9. The BiPolar Diva - I've never met Terri - but we are friends on FB and friends here. I love how she is soooo honest about her life. READ HER.
10. TV's Take - TV (Tesha) is another blogger I always make a point to stop by and see.
Oh no... I can only fit one more.... um... um... okay - one of my true besties:
11. Twirl - This the blog of one of my absolute favorite people and close friends - Laura Rowe. She and I shared offices right next door to one another at AHA in Bham. I have since moved away and she has moved away.. and she is an incredible person. CLICK.. I insist.
NOW... I have to answer some questions...
Leanne made up 11 questions to answer... sooo... here it goes...
1. What advice would your younger self give to your now self?
Don't be afraid. I was so fearful as a kid, teen, young adult. Soooo unsure of myself. I would live a little more...
2. What is in your happiness jar?
Oh boy. This jar has been empty for so long. I'm just beginning to fill it back up. My cats. My family. My friends. My work. My books. My garden. My blog.
3. What's for dinner tonight?
Good question. It's hard to cook for one. Maybe pasta?
4. What would you do if you were not afraid?
hahhhaaaa... Oh... join the Peace Corps.
5. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you really are? (or - how old do you feel?)
I feel about 24.
6. What would the theme song of your life be?
7. What is your favorite day of the week?
Sunday is my funday
8. How do you relax?
Hot bath - coffee - reading - movies...
9. What is your best advice for living a happy life?
Trust God. Seriously - God is the only answer.
10. If able to go on a shopping spree, what is the first thing you would purchase?
11. What is the color of your life?
My turn - for the bloggers I picked - here are your eleven random questions:
1. Favorite vacation spot of all time:
2. Favorite book and why:
3. What is your best physical feature?
4. What is your go-to outfit?
5. Describe your first crush
6. If you could go to dinner with any 5 people (dead or alive) - who?
7. House is on fire - family made it out - what is the one thing you grab? (you can only grab one)
8. Tell me about your faith
9. Use one word to describe yourself
10. Theme song of your life?
11. Movie you most relate to.