1. Two documentaries feel like a nice warm blanket to my brain. Happy & The Perfect Cappuccino. HIGHLY recommend.
2. I pulled out my Wonder Woman super powers to knock out my Christmas shopping in less than 24 hours flat. Boom - take that!
3. Side note- I am really, REALLY glad I have a small family.
4. I've been invited to visit my in-laws in Alexandria, Egypt. I just don't think it is safe to travel there right now.
5. I have arranged to check one more thing off my destination wish-list! I booked an airboat swamp tour of the bayou in southern Lousiana. SOOOO freaking excited.
6. I bought a Kindle. Finally. How many times have I gone back and forth on this? I could have gotten an ipad, but honestly, I just want an ereader. Why spend more? I ordered the Kindle Paperwhite ereader for around $119. It will arrive between the 20th - 24th. I am super excited. BUT - I need to decide what books I would like to download. Give me some suggestions in the comment section!
7. I am back on my bagel kick.
8. I plan to have dinner with a fellow writer/professor friend on the Mayan Apocalypse at a Mexican restaurant. Should be good times.
9. I have attended more holiday parties than I am comfortable with.
10. I have found the PERFECT lotion and body wash. Seriously. Gold Bond Healing body wash and St. Ive's Replenishing Mineral Therapy lotion. WOWZA
11. I am not graceful enough to use my waterpik. I even took fellow blogger, Peggy's advice - but I think the issue is, I'm short. When I lean over the sink, well.. I'm short. I'm not properly positioned over the sink. It ends up mainly down my shirt.
12. I think I have an idea for a book. Seriously. I will write it starting Christmas Eve. I'll share more later. It's a journey of sorts. OOOH.. I'm excited. I will dedicate one year to it. Want to know more? Call me!
13. I don't like surprises. Like running into my ex husband. Awkward. And I did not handle it well. I totally blew him off. Though he deserved it, it was wrong. And I know it.
14. I like pottery. I wish I knew how to make it. Maybe.....
15. I like knitted stuff. I wish I could knit. I've tried..
16. It finally hit the 50s here. I exclaim, "It finally feels like winter!" My friend, Telisa says, "Yeah, um.. in many parts of the country, this temp is considered Fall." Yep. But this is as cold as it gets.
17. I wish we had a micro roastery and coffee shop here.
18. I am in love with teal or aqua. Both shades.
19. I making dinner tonight for my family. It will be nice to invite them over and cook my food- my way. I don't think we always have to have Egyptian food. ....... What does that mean?????
20. Merry Christmas everyone! PS - XMAS is completely acceptable.
Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced //, but it, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation //. The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass, while the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, translated as "Christ".
There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas".