I woke up this morning at 7:45am. Completely refreshed and ready to start my day.
I am a bit sad that this is the last day of my holiday vacation. I have truly enjoyed relaxing and doing as I please for two whole weeks.
But alas, the truth is here, I have to go back to my "day job" and create healthier lives across Alabama, parts of Tennessee and parts of Florida.
I am sitting on my fabulous comfy couch eating tahini with cheese crackers and enjoying a little horror movie - "One Missed Call." The tahini is much better than the movie. So, I decided it would be good to blog.
There was a slight yucky incident last night. Not sure if any of you cat owners have ever had this happen - but apparently, when Lestat lived here, he might have used the fireplace as a little box. Only for urine. Because for the first time last night, Yass and I lit our fire in the fire place, there was nothing in the area, so I would assume it was okay.
About one hour into the fire, as the wood hit the bottom of the "fireplace" (whatever you call it) - this ungodly smell of cat urine erupted. YUCK. It has taken everything I have to get the smell out of here. I threw little cones of incense into the fire. LOL I tried everything. I plan to sweep out the fire place and bleach it down before I ever use it again. What a horrible experience. BLEH.
I could see why the cat saw the fire place as a little box, some ashes, dark - closed in. Like his litter box - a little closed in area with a substance on the floor of it. THANK GOD there was nothing other than the smell of urine. But damn - ammonia was noxious.
Needless to say I am experiencing post traumatic stress from what should have been a nice, warm fire. Yuck Yuck Yuck.
Day 3 of a New Year. :-)