Turns out, my plans are foiled again.
I thought I had help for my mini move to a storage unit, but alas, it did not pan out. I even changed the date, and that didn't work.
Then on my quest to find additional help (with pay,) I got zero bites. Zero. Damn.
I had many well-meaning individuals suggest various moving companies - I had to laugh. I have used moving companies before, and if you are looking to save a buck, that is DEFINITELY not the way to do. Can't afford to pay a minimum of $300 for two hours, when I only need someone for less than an hour. Not gonna do it.
Looks like it is up to S.G. and I to move some pretty heavy furniture. My soon-to-be-ex-roomie said her boyfriend may help, that gives me a little hope. The goal is to get someone to help with the table, maybe even the larger/awkward pieces (like the couch) - at the very least.
S.G. suggested I cancel my U Haul rental and allow him to come up with the farm truck and trailer. That was definitely welcome and makes Nicole one happy girl.
If only we had help for one hour... ugh.
Narcissism. This one is going to be fun.
Sooo... the S.G. and I were talking about the narcissists in our lives. We looked up the symptoms and talked about our exes... and yes, the signs are all there. But then, when I was discussing other people in my life, about how some people say, "If I don't want to do something, I'm not going to do it," and we realized, some of these people are text book. I would love the opinion of my readers...
Let's dive deeper.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others.
Sure, there are extremes in every group, but let's talk about the folks that have the "tendencies" of a narcissist.
According to several psychology websites:
- They are consumed with their outward appearance. They take a extraordinary amount of time to get ready, and if there is one little thing out of place, will become angry.
- They spend a large amount of money on their outward appearance.
- They will only do activities or engage in conversations that are of their interest.
- They have an elevated sense of self.
- Will typically have friends that may "worship" them or look up to them. Not open to having overly intelligent or more challenging friends.
- Is paranoid their significant other is "wanted" by other people. Constantly assumes people are cheating, lying, etc - because it is in their own nature, so they assume everyone is doing it.
- They are a conversation hoarder.
- They are a conversation interrupter.
- They like to break rules.
- Boundary Violator (breaking promises, borrowing items without asking, etc.)
- Entitlement. Narcissists often expect preferential treatment from others. They expect others to cater (often instantly) to their needs, without being considerate in return. In their mindset, the world revolves around them. If they don't get their way, they sometimes manipulate, rail-road, or even turn to litigious sources. Often words like, "It's the principle of the matter." Which translate - they are "owed" something.
On the flip side, a non-narcissist would do the following:
- Respect time constraints and roll with the punches.
- Though they often talk and do things they want, they are open to doing with and for others, because that is called a "relationship" or "friendship."
- They feel good about some parts of themselves, and not so great about others.
- They enjoy a good conversation about a myriad of topics.
- They like to do what is right.
- They like to keep their promises and they respect other people's property.
- They realize that you can't win them all, and do not feel like anything is owed to them.
The worst part with narcissist - they don't even realize they are acting in a way that would considered inappropriate.
I'm tired. I work all day, come home, sit down for a second.. then eat dinner, only to fall asleep for about an hour.
Then from 10pm until after midnight I pack.
Then I do it all over again.
Just TWO. MORE. WEEKS.
God... I am so ready to move. I don't want any stress with it either. I just want to get my stuff, go back and clean later, and turn in my keys. I'm just so done.