Monday, January 12, 2015

Classic Case of the Mondays

It goes a little something like this:

I wanted to spend more time with Sweet Guy and his girls. His youngest began the case to get me to stay one more night, right after she got back from church with her MiMi (a nick name she and her sister give S.G.'s mom.) Of course, the oldest chimed in right after lunch. I mentioned it to my guy and of course he smiles and says, "I would like nothing more than for you to stay."

5:40am comes awfully early. We all gather our goodies at the cabin and head back up to the main house for my car. I stop in to use the bathroom, then hug and kiss everyone goodbye and I hit the road.

It is dark. It is incredibly foggy. I am tired, so very tired to say the least.

About an hour into the drive, I finally get off the back country roads and head north on I75 toward Macon. As soon as I hit the interstate, I have about 45 minutes to an hour until I make it to my apartment. I began making a list in my head of all of the things I needed to do before heading into work. Then it hit me - My luggage. It's in the back of S.G.'s car.

Quelle dommage.

I call him frantically, letting him know he had everything: my medicine, my shoes, my clothes, and my hair appliances, plus my makeup. He tells me, just turn around, head south on the Interstate and I'll head north and we'll meet up.

So I drive from Perry to Cordele and we finally meet up. I get my bag, beg for forgiveness, and head another hour home.

Now I decide - shower time! I go to turn on the water to first brush my teeth and lo and behold there is no water.


That's right, apparently there is damage to some of the pipes in my building and the repair guys had shut off the water. I sit. I wait.

Finally... I head into work.

It's only 11:30am.

Pray for my sanity. ;-)

1 comment:

Robyn Burke said...

Yikes! I've had days like that... hope it gets better.


Interested in purchasing ad space? Your ad could be RIGHT HERE.
Email for more details.


Related Posts with Thumbnails