Historically September is the single worst month of the year for me. I have serious issues with September. I believe that some where, at some time in my life, someone put a spell on me in the month of September. Apparently I did not get the instructions on how to break the bad spell - and now I have annual issues.
I have decided, in high Nicole fashion, to do something about it. Transitional - no way. This is re-defining.
I have to break this nasty course of ill-will planted upon me.
Meningitis, Hysterectomy, Financial down fall, job changes - all of these things plague me in September. People are meaner. Funds are are lower. My hopes slowly fades.
How can I change this month that follows me around like an evil, twisted little demon. I have no choice but to endure it for 30 days. THIRTY LOOOONG DAYS.
My idea is to do a transformation. I will re-define and create September "New Month's" Resolutions. I need to make sure I do this annually- to turn this helluva month into my very own transformation!
Below I will include my plan. I will see where all of this leads. *Disclaimer - I never follow thru on anything - but let's see if there can be a change.
My September Resolutions For Transformation:
1. Exercise - again. Some how I fell off the wagon (literally, I have a chronically sprained ankle.) But I have got to move. Must Must Must. Not so much to lose weight, even though I need to, just to feel the energy and make my heart a little healthier.
2. Daily Devotion. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I buy books to force me to spend a little time in "the word" (as people call it.) I need to schedule time to actually do this. I never forget to eat to feed my body. I need to read -to feed my soul.
3. Volunteer someplace new. I always add a little activity each year. Last year I became a youth leader at church. The year before I became a dog walker at the Humane Society. This year I would like to serve the under privileged. Need to do a little research on a group that does not get as much attention (as say - a Jimmy Hale mission.)
4. I want to do something about this immigration BS. I am quite the little advocate - I think I need to hook up with my friends who try to make things happen. I am going to jump on that band wagon and try to push for a change.
5. Clearing up some past debt. Yep. Piece by piece. Starting with the IRS. Oh yes - I have an ex-husband who left some things for me to clean up. Let's pretend this is tennis. I filled out some forms to protect myself - the ball is in his court now.
6. Work. Either re wake the spirit that brought me here - or make some changes. Something has got to give.
7. I WILL learn to sew. I put this on my list each year. I have got to learn to do it. I have sooo many ideas - yet, I can't even sew a button. Someone out there will help me. I guess I need a machine first.
8. I want to do a mission trip. Where do I look?
9. I will head back to dance class. Flamenco - here I come. I promise- Sept.
10. I want to take some photography classes. I found a program online - 16-months. I am seriously considering pursuing this. This is for the future.
11. Change this cynical little attitude of mine. I realize I will always be cynical - but I can add a little encouragement also. I am capable. I just choose the wrong avenue to take.
12. Get those little things fixed: head back to the dentist, go to the gyno, get that mammo I avoided last year - work on the other little body parts I keep putting off.
13. Re-planting my herb garden. I need to brush up on container planting. (Since I do not have a yard.)
14. Find a yoga or meditation class.
15. Yasser has seen many pics with my hair long - and has asked for me to grow it out. I can do that.. let's see what will happen in one year!!
16. Head back to the theater. Some way.. some how.. head back where I belong.
17. Paint this apt. If I plan on staying here.. (which remains to be seen) - let's make it home.
18. I need a 5-year plan. I make strategic plans for work all the time - what about my plan??
19. I want to plan a BIG family trip. Surprise them all.
20. Clean out my storage. Time to simply.. and Go Green. Can I do it??
Okay - I have myself 20 very lofty goals. Can it be done? I think so. I believe I can try to do some of these things. I did forget one thing - learn arabic. It is happening slowly.. but I really need to make a concentrated effort.
No more BAD September. No more negative feelings. I need to empower myself to kick September in the bottom - and make things awesome!!