Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?
Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born … a Festivus for the rest of us!
Cosmo Kramer: That must've been some kind of doll.
Frank Costanza: She was.
Finally, a holiday that works well with snarky remarks and glaring realism. The holiday of Festivus is upon us and I have soooooo much to share.
1. I had such great hopes for 2014. I had a wonderful New Year's Eve, I forgave those who needed forgiving, I kept as positive an attitude as possible... but....
2. I had a cold throughout January and February. I was completely miserable and had massive fundraisers I had to work on at my old museum. I went through rounds of sinuses/cold/antibiotic and a variety of other meds. Finally it took a shot... in my bum.. that hurt like hell... to cure me.
3. I had a wonderful birthday party in Savannah, only to be over shadowed by my boyfriend breaking up with me on my birthday. Awesome!
4. My job that I loved was cut to part time. Only to be completely eliminated. (after I worked sooo damn hard for sooo long.)
5. I had to scramble to find freelance work. (Humbling to say the least.
6. Unrequited love.
7. Gym drop out.
8. Pottery failure.
9. Sick cat that has cost me a fortune.
10. Finally, the fact that I was told by a friend that most people think I am angry and they don't get my humor.
Uh.. yeah... wonder why?
Happy Festivus! Anyone want to go at it now? ;-)
PS - Though now I am happily employed and in a very healthy relationship... 2014 can bite me.