1. Time Management is CRITICAL when you work for yourself. I found myself sort of feeling like I was supposed to be doing something, yet somehow I got everything accomplished.
2. Yacht Rock is my latest obsession. I blame #BraggJam. Though I have always loved 10CC, The Commodores, Ambrosia, Christopher Cross,Hall & Oates, etc... I am back on this soft rock kick from hell. Can't. Get. Enough. In particular... THIS song. I probably played it 1/2 a dozen times the other day as I was scooting across town to run errands.
3. I have officially complicated my life... and I am WELL aware of it. Details will come.. and yes, it's in the "love interest" territory.. but .. c'est la vie. I'm having fun. ;-)
4. It's Clinique Bonus Time at Belk. Need I say more? The ugly phase is over. ;-)
5. I have a $183 grocery bill today. Why? It's a whole lot cheaper to purchase food to prepare versus going out to eat. Now that I am working from home, it just makes more sense. I checked out my Wells Fargo budget breakdown.. and... um... er.. I was spending close between $600 - $800 a month in "entertainment." Which when I looked closely - was restaurants/etc. Yeah.. that grocery bill makes sooo much more sense now.
6. Okay.. now.. I'm just going to say it. It's not cool, but I don't care. I have spent money on super expensive shampoo, I've bought the natural stuff, and I've bought the smell good stuff. I TRIED to make a switch to some other "highly promoted" expensive crap, and my hair has felt like straw. (Which contributed to my ugly phase post.) I finally just picked up my old fave... Pantene Volume and it was like a miracle had occurred. I'm going on the record and saying this is the only shampoo that works for me. There, damn it. I'm done with trying other things. My old standby is perfect. No more ugly duck phases.
7. I have so much more "me" time and I feel complete joy. Did you hear me? JOY.
8. I thought I would give a shout out to some of my friends in Macon. It was such a delight to pick up this month's Macon Magazine and see 4 of my friends right there listed as part of the 5 under 40. I don't think they could have picked four more incredibly wonderful people. What do we all have in common? We're all Leadership Macon graduates! Dominique Johnson (is a minister, as well as one of the advisers to my Leadership Macon class,) Chris Tsavatewa (is a professor at Middle Georgia State College & serves as the head of the community board I serve on for Star Choices, and I consider a newer friend (his wife is awesome too!,)) Jonathon Dye (is a very dear friend and the Communications Director at Macon Arts Alliance and now someone I work with doing the Art Matters Journalism bit,) and of course, Stacey Harwell (she is Jonathon's fiance and a minister at Centenary & a dear friend.) These four are soooo dedicated to our community and I am genuinely thrilled they were selected.
|Dominique Johnson, Steward Vernon, Chris Tsavatewa, Jonathon Dye, Stacey Harwell|
9. Is it just me.. or are you over summer? I figured out this week that I have a threshold for handling humidity and I have officially reached it. Bring on pumpkin spice, bring on the bold/Autumn colors, and bring on the cool evenings. DYING here, people.
10. Finally... I'm okay. Really! Maybe doing better than I have in a very long time.
With that.. let me show you a little of what I have been up to:
|Lynn, Scott, & Bill (& me.. though I'm taking the photo) at the Cox Capital Theater watching the Grammy Winning - Blind Boys of Alabama at Bragg Jam.|
|My friend and curator of the museum, Jeff, celebrating his 50th bday!|
|Need I say more?|
|Chilling with my mom at her Gallery|
|Hanging out at Macon Arts Alliance's opening for "Figures" with Glennean (artist,) Steven (dir of Main Street Macon,) Molly (PR guru,) Jonathon (mentioned him earlier,) and Melissa (dir of The 567 for Renewal (a gallery))|
|Friend & Coworker, Tonya, at Jeff's Bday party|
|Me about to facilitate the Board Retreat for Middle Georgia Art Association|
|The insanely talented artist, Eric O'Dell, with one of his paintings. Click on his name to learn more about his wildly successful career. :-)|
|Lynn with Dewayne Kendrick (artist,) Deonna (arts advocate,) and Franodo (great friend.)|
|Josephine (Station manager of GPB Macon - Georgia Public Broadcasting) and me at Bragg Jam.|
|Scott and I hanging out in downtown Macon|
|I went to see The Wedding Singer at Macon Little Theater. My friend Georgia portrayed Linda, and her husband, Brian, was Robby Hart! They did an incredible job!|
|That little nugget made a cheesy chicken casserole with me.|
|Me - having lunch at Harpin's in Macon.|
|That crazy little "power couple" - Stacey & Jonathon with me - at Bragg Jam. #dyewell Yes.. they have their own hashtag. lol|
|Eleta & Alex Morrison at the Macon Arts Alliance exhibit opening reception. Alex is the King of downtown - as in the head of the Urban Development Authority. Super nice couple.|
|The fabulous Carey Pickard and Chris Howard. Chris & I were in Leadership Macon together. He is also my main contact at Cox Communications for promotions. :-)|
|The group I lead at the Board Retreat. Helping artists & arts organizations become the best they can be!|
|One of my dearest friends, JJ Hobbs. Click on that link and get blown away by incredibly cool she is. She and I were at The Wedding Singer together.|
|Molly & I at The Hummingbird during Bragg Jam. Check out her blog please - Make It Work Molly|
|Lynn & Eric (minister at Centenary) at Bragg Jam|
|Lynn, Craig Hamilton, and I at The Hummingbird at Bragg Jam. Craig is another PHENOMENAL and widely successful artist. Just how successful? Well.. he is the one who worked for DC Comics and created Aqua Man. Seriously. Just google him. You'll be blown away. ;-)|
|Deonna, me, & Jonathon at an exhibit opening at Macon Arts Alliance|
|Dean Brown (the wildly talented lead singer for Dean Brown & the Dub Shak,) and Lynn|
|Stopped by the say hi to Jason Frost - just one of the most talented artist/graphic artist around. He just will NOT smile for a pic. lol Check out his stuff HERE.|
|Stephanie & I at Bragg Jam|
|Molly & Scott|
|Just hanging out at a party with Representative James Beverly. ;-)|
|Hanging out with Paul Harpin (owner of Harpin's) and Molly|
|Enjoying art with my friends Melissa & Molly|
|The graphic artist, Jason Frost, with incredibly talented digital artist, Craig Coleman. Craig was showing one of his unique pieces.|
|Molly & Katie at the Tubman|
|Travis at Jeff's bday|
|Molly at Jeff's bday|
As you can see - I have not been writing as much, but I have been out living, grabbing inspiration, and loving life.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!