Today is a new day. I am awake. I am breathing. I got paid. I have a fairly stress-free work load, steady -but no major fires to put out. I said what I had to say. I prayed for what I needed to pray for.
But still.. it lingers.
"If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you. " ~ Calvin Coolidge
I am breathing.
Today IS a new day. (I keep saying it.. waiting to believe it.)
I was once told by a "wise" friend that it is more important to count your blessings than to simmer in your worries. I was also told that to take each day one step at a time.
With that being said, perhaps I should count my blessings that I know can happen today (insha allah - as the egyptian always says.. means God Willing in Arabic.)
Blessings For Today:
1. Once I leave the house, I will drink a fabulous cup of coffee.
2. I get to organize my office (which it desparately needs, and I am ready for.)
3. I love driving my little VW bug, and my ipod is fully charged.
4. I think I will listen to Journey all the way to work.
5. It's casual day at work. JEANS!
6. I have one meeting that might get a little heated, but the facts are on my side.
7. It is beautiful today.
8. I have a fun weekend planned.
9. I will pick something wonderful for lunch.
10. I will buy the peacock bracelet I saw at world market.
Simple things, but good!
"Wise are they who have learned these truths:Trouble is temporary. Time is tonic. Tribulation is a test tube. " ~William Arthur Ward
Until next time...